COMMERCIAL REALTOR SPECIALIST
IN INDUSTRIAL & OFFICE SALES & LEASING
IN GREATER VANCOUVER
- Realtor, Managing Broker
- Real Estate Agent and responsible for residential and commercial real estate brokerage for 40+ years.
- Owner / manager of industrial, retail and office buildings leased to various tenants.
- Voted by his peers as one of the three most professional realtors in the city and known for client service, integrity and real estate knowledge.
- Recognized in the top 1% of all agents with a national real estate company for 25+ years.
The Gauer Group of Companies 1980- present
- President and CEO
- Purchasing, financing and managing investments, office, retail and industrial buildings.
- Joint ventures
- Industrial and office leasing
- Land development and construction
British Columbia Institute of Technology Burnaby, BC, Canada Graduated in 1976
- Diploma of Technology in Administrative Management, Magna Cum Laude
- Top student in graduating class
- Top student in entire business school
- Winner of numerous awards.
University of British Columbia Vancouver, BC Canada Graduated in 1980
- Diploma in Urban Land Economics
- Honors: Specialty in Appraisal, Winner of top student award
Real Estate Institute of Canada Vancouver, BC, Canada Completed in 1980
- Fellow of the Real Estate Institute of Canada
NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association Virginia, USA
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Commercial Real Estate Development
- Modern Industrial Development
A few of the other certifications and completed courses:
- Certified Negotiation Expert
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist
- Leasing, Marketing and Negotiations
- Commercial Real Estate Financial Analysis
- Site Feasibility and Market Analysis
- Construction Management for Developers and Owners
- Essentials of the Development Process
- Advanced Development Practices
- Unlocking the Development Potential of Complex Urban Sites
- Construction Law: Tendering and Procurement Law
- Construction Law: Emerging Trends and Common Pitfalls
- Building Management
- Project Management
- Ideal Workplace: Tenant and Landlord Demands
- How to Create the Ideal Lease
- Industrial Push and Pull
- Writing Enforceable Contracts
- Taxation & Analysis of Commercial Investment Property
- Advanced Negotiating Skills
- Capital Project Controls / Risk Management in Construction in Real Estate
- Construction Project Insurance
- Sustainability & Innovation in the Commercial Real Estate Industry
- Change Orders & Extra Work: Best Practices
- Ben has built a strong reputation for providing his clients the highest level of service. Using his knowledge of the Greater Vancouver commercial market and creative, business-driven real estate strategies, Ben has successfully completed a variety of transactions on behalf of his clients throughout British Columbia. Sale, purchase, leasing and consulting assignments included investment, industrial, office, retail, land, development and institutional transactions over the past 40 years.
- Ben provides owners and tenants with integrated services, helping to align their real estate requirements with business-driven strategies, customized to suit their specific needs.
- Ben provides his clients with strategic guidance for a variety of sale and leasing projects such as relocation, expansion, sublease disposition, consolidation, lease negotiation and restructuring, renewal, project marketing and landlord consultation.
Ben provides an approach to marketing that combines both traditional and innovative online initiatives.
Ben provides deal structuring, reliable investor intelligence, and strategic marketing.
Ben cooperates with all outside agents, regardless of their specialty.
Ben does not compromise his loyalty or fiduciary duties to his client. The advice he gives is in the client’s best interest, and not just to make another sale.
Innovative thinker with broad experience in both for-profit and not-for-profit sectors with expertise in real estate, finance, investment and asset management.
Realtor and Managing Broker of a real estate brokerage for 40+ years.
Speaker and panelist for numerous real estate oriented topics.
Experience in project marketing, home design, finish carpentry, construction management, land development, residential, investment and commercial real estate.
Ben holds a set of values that places his client’s needs ahead of his own
Ben treats his clients like family, truly cares about their needs and earns their trust.
- Sailing, power boating, travelling, reading, mentoring
- Encouraging realtors to work in the best interests of their clients with good character and wisdom.
- Founder & Director of Christian Realtors Forum
- Fellow of the Real Estate Institute of Canada
- Member of the Real Estate Institute of BC 1980-2016
- Member of the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
- Commercial member of the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
- Member of NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Member of BOMA – Building Owners and Managers Association
- Member of Urban Development Institute
- Subscriber to Altus RealNet
- Subscriber to Commercial Edge
- Subscriber to Urban Analytics
- Member of Burrard Yacht Club
- Pacific Academy Board member; member and former chair of Academic Committee, chair of Strategic Planning Committee and member of Building Committee
- Member and former board chair of various non-profits and committees including Finance Committee, Building Committee, Administrative Committee; Strategic Planning Committee, department head and teacher of various courses.
Ben Gauer’s proven negotiating skills can save you thousands of dollars!
- In the top 1% of all agents with a national real estate company for 25 consecutive years.
- Voted by his peers as one of the top 3 most professional realtors in the city and recommended as one of the top three realtors known for client service, high integrity, and real estate knowledge
- Featured in “Canada’s Best Real Estate Performers” publication as #6 of all results in Canada for 1992
- No. 1 top agent for an international real estate company in 1992.
- Certified Negotiation Expert
- A proven professional – over 40 years experience in Real Estate in this local market. He knows the area well. He understands the various cultures. He understands the likes and dislikes of the market, demographic trends, population shifts, and migration patterns on a local, inter-provincial, and international level. Ben is on top of economic trends, business practices, government regulations, interest rates and the latest business technology.
- Winner of over 130 performance awards in real estate.
- Speaker and panelist for numerous real estate oriented topics.
- Graduate in Urban Land Economics, Appraisal, and Business Administration (Magna Cum Laude) plus approximately 160 subsequent courses and seminars. Ben keeps up to date on the information that is relevant to you by constantly investing in quality training and upgrading.
- Registered with National Register’s Who’s Who in Executives & Professionals
- Ben thrives on hard work, attention to detail, and adheres to a standard of excellence.
Customized Broker Services Include:
In addition to the Multiple Listing Service, your listing will be distributed amongst online platforms, including:
- www.BenGauer.com – Ben Gauer’s personal websites frequented by his clients and advertised on signage and promotional materials.
- www.RoyalLepage.ca – One of the most visited real estate websites in Canada with over 1 million visitors per month.
- www.ICX.ca – Listing information displayed on ICX.ca is developed from information provided by a local real estate Board or Association, or from information provided by a member of the Canadian Commercial Council or Realtors.
- www.loopnet.com – LoopNet operates the largest and most heavily trafficked commercial real estate listing service online with more than 3 million registered members and 910,000 average monthly unique visitors.
- www.space4lease.com – a research and marketing network developed to service the Canadian commercial real estate market. Members include leading commercial real estate owners, managers, brokers and tenants.
- www.craigslist.ca – local classifieds
- www.kijiji.ca – local classifieds with over 15 million viewers per month